Sunday, November 3, 2013

Covert Affairs: No. 13 Baby a.k.a. The One Where They Ruin Auggie


Dear Covert Affairs,

No.

Dear Auggie,

NO.

From last week: My god, could Helen a.k.a. Helesa BE any effing worse!?

YES.  I mean NO she CANNOT be any effing worse but she DOES GET WORSE.  Soooooooooooo much worse!!!

From last week: Does Covert Affairs have its mojo back?

NO.  O.k. well, kind of.  I mean in the sense of telling a coherent story ... they're actually still doing pretty well.  In the sense of giving me something I actually want to watch, however??  Well, for the first 38-ish minutes, yes, they gave me mostly good stuff.  But then, they did the TV equivalent of putting 10,000 kittens through a huge blender right in front of me.  The took a HUGE EFFING DUMP ALL OVER MY TV SCREEN FOR THE REST OF THE EPISODE.  Hahaha o.k. well not for the whole rest of the episode.  But once they took the dump ... all I could see in my head for the rest of the ep was diarrhea (by the name of Helesa).  I couldn't scrub the diarrhea off.  It was permanently there.  I was just living on Diarrhea Planet.

For example they tried to give me some cute little stuff with Barber and his g-ride, but even Barber, who normally cures all ills for me, didn't help.  Diarrhea.  That's all I saw.  He may as well have been a crap monster driving a toiletmobile for all I could really comprehend at that point.  The world was suddenly a dark, dark place.

And what makes me soooooooooo extra mad about it is that they gave us two scenes leading into it that are two of the best of the entire series IMO.  Just ... oh god.


Just these wonderfully ... excruciatingly exquisite scenes ...


... and then they RIPPED THEM TO SHREDS.  I use the word "excruciating" because that's all they are to me now that the diarrhea has landed haha.  It retroactively ruins all the things related to it, including these scenes.  So ... yeah.  Here's my GeekFurious review:

http://geekfurious.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-plopper-reviews-covert-affairs-413.html

I dunno why they took the story in this direction other than pure sadism but ... the way Annie handles this new turn of events will likely wind up making or breaking the show for me.  We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment